A Member of the Healthcare Team
A PCRID sponsored workshop, “A Member of the Healthcare Team: Transforming the Descriptive Ethics of Medical Interpreting to Collaborative Values” with presenter Robyn K. Dean, CI/CT, PhD. This March 9th (Saturday) event will be held at the Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University from 9:30am to 5:30pm and offers .7 CEUs.
This workshop aims to improve interpreters’ moral sensitivity, moral judgment, moral motivation, and moral implementation in healthcare settings; ultimately ensuring that interpreters improve their ethical decision making.
The A Member of the Healthcare Team workshop agenda will include:
- Define descriptive ethics, normative ethics, and meta ethics.
- Identify the element of a normative ethical approach.
- Explain moral hierarchies and their connection to collaboration.
- Identify overarching values and principles in healthcare settings.
- Q&A Session with Dr. Robyn Dean
Robyn K. Dean, CI/CT, PhD has been an interpreter for over 30 years, with particular service experience in medical and mental health settings. She conducts workshops internationally on the topics of ethics, reflective practice, work effectiveness, with particular emphases on healthcare interpreting and professional development.
Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University
800 Florida Avenue Northeast, Washington, DC 20002
Saturday, March 9, 2019 from 9:30am to 5:30pm (EST)